Mar 17, 2011

Happy Birthday & Anniversary

[b-day gift I sent her last week- purple t-shirts from GAP and a lady bug make-up bag]

Growing up, I was pretty good at remembering birthdays. I would find a gift in advance and have it wrapped and ready so that I wouldn't have to run around like a mad person before a birthday party or whatever. Since I married Drew, it's gone downhill because I have doubled my family member size! Now I can barely remember my own siblings birthdays. But I'm trying. The one birthday I will for sure always always always remember is  my niece Jade's. It's today, St. Patrick's Day. Well this day was a monumental day for me because it was the day Drew asked me to sing with him at Velour, which in turn led me to confessing my undying LOVE for him. That's right. I told him I loved him and we hadn't even really been alone in the same room for more than 20 minutes before this!!! I tell people that now today and think that is so funny or just insane. The day after (which would be tomorrow), we had our first kiss and "officially" started dating.

Before the open mic show, Drew, Caitlin and I were at Coal Umbrella in the back room where the men's dress shirts were. We practiced and I was so nervous cuz I'm no singer! But I was so happy that I was singing a love song. I later found out Drew wrote it for me! But that little bugger wouldn't say anything like that before the show. Not until I asked him if it was about me, because I was pretty certain (and so was my roommate Kelly), that it was about me.

When we were leaving Coal Umbrella to go get Del Taco for dinner, I got a call from my mom saying that Jade was just born. I can't remember if it had been a few hours, or if the call came moments after. I cried I was so bummed I wasn't there to see her.

So here's to you Jade. Thanks for making my special day even more special by being born!
Caitlin uploaded a video of it a few months later (on my FB, I can't figure out how to get it otherwise). I cringe hearing it because you can hear my voice so well, but i cry of happiness when i look back at it. Here's to 3 years Drew!

{now back to studying. i woke up at 5:30 today in hopes of really studying for my 11am test today. i decided i needed a break to blog before i forget.}

1 comment:

thobeka said...

sweetest story. happy anniversary!!