Mar 24, 2009

Have you ever done this?

On campus, maybe 3+ times a week, the flag is raised, pulled half mast, or taken down. Now, I have noticed that on Tuesdays and Thursdays, they are always doing some ceremony with the national anthem...and I happen to walk by during that time. The first incident, I was running SO late to my ASL class, like 10 minutes late and it was in the beg. of the semester, so I didn't know how the teacher was with tardies yet. So I am like DARTING to my class. Little did I know, about 70 people were behind me (by the library and I'm running from the HFAC) standing there with their right hands on their chests. I realize this midway and stumble and get super awkward with the decision in my head as whether I should stop or not. Well, I did, and it didn't change the fact that I was late. 


Well, this has happened many more times and I have learned to not run in front of everyone & their mothers on campus. But just today, I was walking to the HFAC from the MOA and the flag was of course, going up and of course, the national anthem was playing. Well, I stopped and so did everyone around me...but I saw this couple holding hands, booking up this ramp with no shame. As they passed this older faculty member, they were scowled at and told to behave better. 

Just glad that didn't happen to me!

1 comment:

The ORR Family said...

I hate this! Everyone knows they aren't thinking about our country at this time, just their own precious time. I've learned to do the slow side or back step in the direction I need because of course it always happens when you're running late! :)