Jan 21, 2009

Dark room massacre

Okay. So I am taking a dark room class, with 2 years experience under my belt ( I don't even wear belts..). Anyways. I am in there just about an hour ago, figuring out the metal reels, in the dark, while helping my new friend Natalie from the Netherlands get her negatives on the reels as well. We finish doing this, and I start the developing process. I add the water, 30 seconds like I'm supposed to. Next on the agenda is the developer. I pour out the water so I then can put in the developer, and when I flip it over, POOF, my reels are laying in the sink, on top of the lid. The lid that was supposedly tightened. My two rolls of film are exposed instantly. I'm kinda actually really bummed about it! That has never happened to me before!! Ever. Nothing like that actually. And the reason I was in there is because I have to show our teacher 36 exposures by 3pm tomorrow. And to just put the icing on the cake, I went to all around downtown Salt Lake City this morning to take the photographs...and got some really great ones!!! Well, I guess I will re-shoot in the morning (provo, yuck!). I know, I'm always way more dramatic than I should...

1 comment:

Jess said...

ohh no. use tape. you always have to tape your lid tightly. yeah they should have told you that.