Nov 5, 2010

Sufjan Stevens November 1, 2010

The night started out with some good chinese food (where me & halen basically had the same fortune) with our close friends & lovers of Sufjan, then onto Kingsbury Hall for the show. We didn't realize, or rather I didn't realize how many people I would know at the show! And next to that, I didn't think it would be that much of an urban outfitters party.. aside from the show.

I have been wanting to go to a Sufjan show for as long as I first heard his music in high school. It was really love at first listen. So you can imagine (if you've been to one of his shows of this tour) how disappointed I was to hear & see that he's chosen to play all of his new Kanye-techno-UO stuff. Drew loved that he didn't play his old stuff really at all because Sufjan said many times in the show that what he was playing was what he wanted to play. And he was being true to himself. Ya I get that too. But I don't want to believe it for $80 bucks. But all-in-all, I had a great night and was glad I went. He put on a show, it just wasn't the show I wanted. I just wish bottom of my heart that he played in a normal outfit with a simple guitar. But that's just wishful thinking.

No comments: